You love your home, but there's something in it that you don't love: pests. If you're like me, then you want to get rid of these pests as soon as possible then you need to contact the right Pest Control Melbourne service.
And if you're not, then at least you want to know how to tell if they're around and what kind they are so that you can take the necessary steps to protect yourself and your family from getting sick or bitten.
Learn the signs of pest infestation
You should be able to recognize the signs of pest infestation. Pests may leave behind droppings, eggs, or other evidence of their presence. You may also see them scurrying around your home at night or hear them making noise in the attic.
If you find what looks like fleas on your pet and they're not acting normally (e.g., scratching constantly), it's possible that they have flea bites or an allergic reaction to flea saliva in their fur--this could mean there are fleas in your house!
To identify pests like termites and mice: Look for holes chewed into wood surfaces by rodents; check for feces under furniture where mice might live; listen for squeaking noises from inside walls where termites might be hiding out (you can also use a flashlight to look through crevices).
Contact a licensed and experienced pest control company
- Find a company that is licensed and insured. A good pest control company will be licensed by the state in which it operates, and have the proper insurance to cover any damages that may occur during treatment.
- Find a company that is experienced in dealing with your specific pest problem. If you have termites or ants, look for companies that specialize in those types of infestations rather than ones that only deal with general pests like cockroaches or fleas (unless those happen to be your problem).
- Ask for a free inspection before signing up for any service plans--the last thing you want to do is spend money on something only to find out later that it wasn't needed after all!
Keep your pets healthy and safe
- Keep cats in an outdoor enclosure, or keep them inside at all times if you're unable to provide an enclosure.
- If you have bird feeders or other food sources outside, remove them from the area immediately and clean them thoroughly with soap and water before putting them back up again (if necessary). This will help prevent rats from coming into contact with any harmful substances that might be left behind by rodents who've eaten from these sources previously--and could potentially pass those substances on to you through their droppings!
- Seal trash containers tightly so that no pests can get in through small holes or gaps in the lids; also make sure that there aren't any openings around where the lid meets its base--these are both common entry points for mice seeking shelter inside garbage cans!
We hope this article has given you a good understanding of how to protect your home from pests. We encourage you to take action by contacting a licensed and experienced Pest Control Melbourne company. They can help you assess the situation and determine the best course of action.